Champion Nurse Immunisation Program
The Champion Nurse Immunisation Program aims to provide direct support and mentoring to immunisation providers and the wider Adelaide metropolitan community.
Our Champion Nurses are focused on increasing vaccine uptake, as well as raising provider confidence and knowledge around immunisation delivery.
Adelaide metropolitan general practices and other immunisation providers can benefit from engaging our Champion Nurses who can:
- deliver immunisation program support
- mentor nurses who are new to immunisation program delivery
- deliver education and support relating to cold chain management
- provide systems support, including documentation, recall and reminders
- provide Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) support and education
- support families with identified barriers to vaccine uptake
- counsel vaccine hesitant parents
The Adelaide Primary Health Network has commissioned Health and Immunisation Management Services (HAIMS) to provide the CNIP to providers in Adelaide PHN region.